Work is the mainstay of our lives and as much as we endeavor to labor at what we enjoy the money always doesn’t come with the deal. The plain and unvarnished truth is that particular positions basically provide higher salaries. It is no surprise that that in this economy it is still the college degree that brings in the big bucks. It is also no surprise that it is the medical profession that stands out above the rest.
- Medical Professionals – average salary $251,520 with 10 to 15 years training. Medical professionals are high but those skilled in the OR are the higher-paid such as specialized surgeons and anesthesiologists
- CEO – average salary $217,770 with varied training. The highest post you can achieve in a company is often acquired in the larger companies as an employee with 30 or more experience under their belt or claiming the title of CEO in your own company
- Psychiatrist – average salary $179,195 with 10 to 14 years of training. Psychiatrists train the same way physicians do. Their clientele can encompass geneticists, law enforcement, office workers, the military, and quite often those that are continually in the public spotlight.
- Dentist – average salary $145,320 with 8 years of training. Although the standard dental schools requires only 2 years, most dentists continue to acquire a bachelor’s degree.
- Engineering Manager – average salary $117,000 with 6 to 7 years of training. Some engineering managers delve into real estate development or the technical side of manufacturing space. The highest paid work with electronic components and semiconductors.
- Natural Sciences Manager – average salary $114,600 with 6 years of training. Generally settle in the developmental research field in areas dealing with pharmaceutical or environmental institutes. They often begin their own consulting business.
- Computer and Information Systems Manager- average salary $113,700 with 4 to 8 years of training. These people are in charge a corporation’s information technology (IT).
- Lawyers and Judges- average salary $113,000 with 7 years of training. Civil, environmental, family, and real estate law is just the tip of areas available for up and coming lawyers. Further on into their career obtaining a seat as a judge.
- Marketing Manager- average salary $110,000 with 4 to 6 years of training. Marketing Managers go into brand or promotional development as well as media and public relations.
- Air traffic controller- average salary $109,220 with 9 years of training. Usually retained by the Federal Aviation Administration and are accountable for commercial and private planes.
There you have it…the top highest paid people in United States today. No glamour, glitter and glitz just your average well trained and hard working men and women reaching for their pot of gold here in America.